The scriptures mention that the day Siddhartha was born, several other prominent persons and significant things associated with his life were born/came into existence. These were called “Sahajatas” (born together with Buddha) of Buddha.
The Sahajatas of the awakened one were:
- Princess Yasodhara (Who later became the wife of Siddhartha)
- The Bodhi tree (The tree of enlightenment)
- His prime disciple ven. Ananda
- Kaludayi, the advisor
- Channa, his charioteer
- Kanthaka, his horse
- The four golden treasures
- Prasenadjit, the son of king Aranemi Brahmadatta of Sravasti
- Bimbisar, the son of king Mahapadma of Rajagriha
- Udayana, the famous Buddhist king of Kaushambi, son of king Satanika.
Contact Us to Book your Buddhist Pilgrimage Tours :