Destinations Covered under Golden Triangle Tour With Varanasi:
Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Varanasi, Sarnath
- Delhi: Delhi, the capital city of India, is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world with a long history and diverse heritage. Delhi is home to three of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites and numerous other significant historical heritage sites within its small geographical area. The history of Delhi goes back to the second millennium BC, while she has been continuously inhabited since at least 6th century BC. The three World Heritage Sites in Delhi are the Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, and Kutab Minar, and they are major tourist attractions in the city along with other monuments like Akshardham temple, India Gate, Lotus temple, Purana Quila, and many others. Delhi is also famous for her street foods and a plethora of shopping opportunities across the city.
- Jaipur: The fortified city of Jaipur, a UNESCO World Heritage City is one of the main pillars of the famous Golden Triangle of Indian tourism, Delhi and Agra being the other two pillars. Famous for its architecture, colorful gems, culture, cuisine, and several palaces and forts scattered across the city, Jaipur is one of the major tourist destinations in South Asia. The city was founded in 1727 by the king Sawai Jai Singh, the founder of modern Jaipur. The major tourist attractions in the city are Amber Fort (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Jantar Mantar (UNESCO World Heritage Site and astronomical observatory), Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, Albert Hall Museum, Nahargarh Fort, Jaigarh fort, Birla temple, and several other monuments.
- Agra: Agra is home to one of the Seven Wonders of World, “The Taj Mahal – the monument of eternal love”!! However, Agra is more than just the Taj Mahal, which is reflected by the fact that it is home to three of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The three UNESCO World Heritage sites in Agra are the Taj Mahal, the Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri. Agra is one of the three pillars of the famous Golden Triangle tourist circuit of India. Other important tourist attractions in the tourist city are Itimad-Ud- Daula tomb, Kind Akbar’s Tomb, Chini – Ka- Rauza, Aram Bagh, Mehtab Bagh, and many other monuments of the Mughal era and later periods. Agra is also a heaven for foodies and popular for its Mughal cuisine, Petha, and street food.
- Varanasi: Varanasi is the spiritual capital of India and one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. The city draws Hindu and Buddhist Pilgrims from across the world because of its very high spiritual significance in the religious traditions. The major tourist attraction of the city is the boat ride on the river Ganges and numerous temples and Ghats on the holy river, the Ganges. The Golden Triangle Tour With Varanasi will provide you the experience of the rich historical and cultural heritage that India has to offer.
- Sarnath: Sarnath, is located around 10 km from the ancient city of Varanasi and is one of the most important centers of pilgrimage for the Buddhists. It was here where Buddha preached his first sermon and the Dhammacakkra was set rolling through the preaching of Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta. Budhha reached the Deer park on a full moon night of Asarha month, and that very night he gave his first sermon, the Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta, and later the Anattalakkhana Sutta. In Sarnath Buddha preached the rich man Yash and his 54 followers and they became Arahants. Buddha asked all Arahants to go in different directions with no two Arahants going on the same road, thus establishing the order of monks or Sangha.
This tour takes you to the region known as the Golden Triangle (Delhi-Jaipur-Agra) of India where you can explore the capital city, the Pink City, and the Taj Mahal. In Delhi and Agra, you will have an interface with the rich cultural heritage of Mughals, with the stunning heritage sites going back to the medieval periods. Delhi and Agra boast of 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each.
In Jaipur, you will experience the unbelievable traditional architectural heritage of Rajputana, in the form of Forts and palaces. Jaipur is itself a UNESCO World Heritage City. Besides Jaipur is home to two other World Heritage Sites, the Jantar Mantar and the Hill Forts of Rajasthan. Finally, you reach the spiritual capital of India, Varanasi. You will experience the Ghats of Varanasi and a mesmerizing boat ride on the river Ganges followed by a visit to the major Buddhist Pilgrimage destination of Sarnath, where Buddha gave his first sermon and established the Sangha.
The Golden Triangle Tour with Varanasi will provide you the some of the best experiences of historical and cultural heritage that India has to offer.
Highlights of the Tour
- Delhi, the capital city of India
- Jaipur, the pink city with rich history
- Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world
- 9 UNESCO World Heritage sites (Red Fort, Humayun’s Tomb, Kutab Minar, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Jantar Mantar, Hill Forts of Rajasthan and Jaipur city.)
- Varanasi , one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world
- Sarnath, major Buddhist Pilgrimage Destination – where Buddha gave his first sermon and established the Buddhist Sangha