Destinations Covered in Haridwar Rishikesh Tour:
- Haridwar: Haridwar is the gateway to the Char Dham Yatra (The pilgrimage to the four most important Hindu pilgrimage destinations in the state of Uttarakhand). Haridwar is also home to the famous Kumbh Mela held every twelve years, during which millions of visitors arrive in this important temple town for one of the largest religious gatherings in the world. Haridwar is situated on the banks of the holy river Ganges and is a major religious and spiritual destination in India. You may like to take a holy dip in the river Ganges at any of the numerous Ghats on the bank of river Ganges before you start your Char Dham Yatra. Another must-do activity in the temple city is to watch the Ganga Aarati, held every evening during which devotional prayers are held for the river Ganges, as per the ancient Hindu religious traditions !!
- Rishikesh: Rishikesh is the ‘Yoga capital of India’, surrounded by Himalayan Foothills and intersected by the holy river the Ganges. It lies around 25 kilometers from the holy city of Haridwar in the mountain state of Uttarakhand and is famous for its several Hindu monasteries and temples, the abode of Hindu sages and ascetics, locally called Sadhus. It is one of the best places in India for yoga and meditate and learning ancient Indian wisdom and philosophy from the sages. Rishikesh is also famous for the numerous options of adventure activities including white water rafting, Bungee jumping, Zipline, trekking and several others. The main tourist attractions of the ancient religious city are the Laxman Jhula, Ram Jhula, Triveni Ghat, and numerous temples on the bank of the river Ganges.
The Haridwar and Rishikesh Pilgrimage tours take you to two of the most famous destinations of Hindu Pilgrimage. Both of the destinations are near to Delhi and around a half-day drive from the National Capital Region.
The ancient religious centers besides the holy river Ganges are famous for yoga, meditation, and as centers of religious and philosophical learning since the beginning of civilization in the Indian subcontinent. Emerge yourself, quite literally in the spiritual capital of India through a holy dip in any of the Ghats by the Ganges, and experience the divine bliss during your visits and worship to some of the most ancient temples in India. The not to be missed activity is the Evening Ganga Aarti in both of these religious centers.
Highlights of the tour:
- Evening Ganga Aarti at Har Ki Pauri Ghat in Haridwar
- Evening Ganga Aarti at Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh
- Worship at Mansa Devi temple in Haridwar
- Experience the benefits of Yoga and Meditation in Rishikesh