Destinations Covered in Varanasi and Sarnath Buddhist Tours:
- Varanasi: Varanasi is the spiritual capital of India and one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. The city draws Hindu and Buddhist Pilgrims from across the world because of its very high spiritual significance in the religious traditions. The major tourist attraction of the city is the boat ride on the river Ganges and numerous temples and Ghats on the holy river the Ganges.
- Sarnath: Sarnath, is located around 10 km from the ancient city of Varanasi and is one of the most important centers of pilgrimage for the Buddhists. It was here where Buddha preached his first sermon and the Dhammacakkra was set rolling through the preaching of Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta.
Varanasi’s historical and spiritual significance dates back to ancient times and has been passed down in the Jataka tales. It makes this holy city an ideal place for our peaceful pilgrimage tour.
Visit Sarnath where Buddha preached his first sermon and the Dhammacakkra was set rolling through the preaching of Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta.
Budhha reached the Deer park on a full moon night of Asarha month, and that very night he gave his first sermon, the Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta, which led to Kondanna attaining the first stage of sainthood.
Later all of them attained the Arahantship after the preaching of Anattalakkhana Sutta. In Sarnath Buddha preached the rich man Yash and his 54 followers and they became Arahants.
Later Buddha asked all these 60 Arahants to go in different directions with no two Arahants going on the same road, thus establishing the order of monks or Sangha.
Highlights of the tour:
- Pilgrimage to the place where Buddha set the Dhammachakra rolling and gave his first sermon.
- Visit the ancient city of Varanasi, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world
- Morning boat ride on the river Ganges.