Destinations Covered in Varanasi Prayagraj Tour:
Varanasi, Sarnath, Prayagraj
- Varanasi: Varanasi is the spiritual capital of India and one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. The city draws Hindu and Buddhist Pilgrims from across the world because of its very high spiritual significance in the religious traditions. The major tourist attraction of the city is the boat ride on the river Ganges and numerous temples and Ghats on the holy river the Ganges.
- Sarnath: Sarnath, is located around 10 km from the ancient city of Varanasi and is one of the most important centers of pilgrimage for the Buddhists. It was here where Buddha preached his first sermon and the Dhammacakkra was set rolling through the preaching of Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta. Budhha reached the Deer park on a full moon night of Asarha month, and that very night he gave his first sermon, the Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta, and later the Anattalakkhana Sutta. In Sarnath Buddha preached the rich man Yash and his 54 followers and they became Arahants. Buddha asked all Arahants to go in different directions with no two Arahants going on the same road, thus establishing the order of monks or Sangha.
- Prayagraj: Prayagraj is one of the most prominent centers of Hindu pilgrimage and Indian art and philosophy. Prayagraj is also home to the largest religious event in the world called Kumbh Mela, where tens of millions of pilgrims participate in the religious event held every twelve years. Besides Prayag is also visited during the Magh Mela which is visited by millions of pilgrims across India. The city of Prayagraj is situated at the confluence of the two most holy rivers of India, Ganga, and the Yamuna. In Hindu scriptures, the city has been described as ‘Tirthraj’- the holiest of the holy pilgrimage destinations. The major places of tourist attraction in Prayagraj are Triveni Ghat at the Sangam (confluence of three holy rivers of Ganga, Yamuna, and now extinct Sarasvati), Hanuman Temple, Mankameshwar Temple Patalpuri Temple, Alopi Devi Temple, Shivkoti Mahadev Temple, Kalyani Devi Temple, Nag Vasuki Temple, and Beni Madhav Temple.
The Varanasi and Prayagraj pilgrimage tour takes you to some of the most important Hindu pilgrimage destinations in India. With our Varanasi Prayagraj tour Visit Varanasi, the spiritual heart of India as well as one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It is known as the abode of Shiva and you can feel the presence of Shiva and his Ganas in every corner of the city. You will also visit other important pilgrimage destinations like Sitamarhi and Vindhyachal Shaktipeeth. Your pilgrimage tour will culminate at Tirthraj Prayag the home to the largest religious event in the world, the Kumbh Mela. You will also have experience of the omnipresence of Buddha in one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage destinations in the world, The Sarnath.
Highlights of the tour:
- Evening Ganga Aarti at Ghats of Ganges in Varanasi
- Stopover at Sitamarhi and Vindhyachal Dham
- Trip to the Sangam , the confluence of three most important holy rivers of Ganga, Yamuna and Sarashwati (now extinct)
- Visit Sarnath - One of the major destinations of Buddhist Pilgrimage
- Morning boat ride on the River Ganga in Varanasi